Friday, May 18, 2018

~Unlikely~

don't get
mad at
the messenger
when the
massage makes
you uncomfortable

thank you
for your smile
may you
have a
day as
beautiful
as you are

compliments come
from the most unlikely places
blue and rugged man
of the street
genuine smile
made my day

soon people
are going to remember
how wonderful
you are
I promise

I got
caught up
with the
hills and roses
I hold my
breath try
to believe this
sweet escape
all escapes
are like
running water

to exist
my past
is like
trying to
stay ahead of
tomorrow
in vain
no one
can get
ahead of
of tidal waves

the shadows
pulled me
into the light
help me
not to get lost

only the
things things
we can't escape
who we love

jusr a
little twist
of fate
scared to
let
love in

the trials
leave me
standing
at the
crossroads with
no desire
to run

if I
have a
secret
you'll be
the first
I let know

it's beautiful
and layered
and kind
of amazing

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment