Thursday, May 31, 2018

~Tonight~

sun and
hollow sky
looking out
the window
I sigh
the stars
are out
tonight

down comes
the night
the wind
blowing circles
around me
follow my
lead

dancing lights
against the
break of day
waiting for
something
to say

everyday discovering
the brand new
I want
to thank
you for you
patience
memories have
a way
of rising
up, especially
painful ones

see the
trees, how
they move?
how does
that really
make you feel?
calm, I guess

that's it
right there
you think you
should feel
calm but
you don't
really feel it

you have
to see in
different
ways, move
in different ways
there is
a pulse

a beautiful sunrise
look at
how much
it holds

you want
to make
the kind
of memory
that stays

it's never
really a
straight path
to follow
time will
tell

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment