Saturday, May 5, 2018

~Beguile~

maybe I've
been here
the whole
time through
the dark and
light alleyways
of my mind

every street
treating banter
with illusion
with what
you want
to see

I like
your toothy
smile it never
fails to
beguile

the wind
is going sweet
a kind of
wind you can
get lost in
you can
always
find the time
for the quiet
sweetness

I feel
this is what
vacation
is about
I feel
like a big
old lemon
floating around
in a glass
of ice tea

coming on
fast like
a good
dream
breaking like rain
that's all
I got
try not
to ruin today

don't leave 
me hanging
why you're
doing the
shit you're
doing is
as important as
what makes
you do it

maybe we
could pretend
nothing happened
and hope
no one notices
ya, that's
my whole
philosophy on life
cracked hearts
not broken
not yet
lead you
to the truth
even if
you don't 
know
what you're
looking for

to stand out
of the wreckage
in the
sea of
sameness
you will
find comfort
with me

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment