Wednesday, May 30, 2018

~Second Chance~

"Life can only be
understood backwards.
Unfortunately, it must be
lived forever."-Kierkegaard

love at first sight
is just something
they created
for greeting cards

I think
we get
so wrapped
up in
our own
lives and
we forget
about the
people who
 really care
about you

find the
person behind
the words
tell me
who you are
it's all
about connection
don't forget
that I
think the
worst part
is fake
sympathy looks
from strangers

the trick
is getting
to know
them, trust me
when the
right one
comes along
you'll know

get to
know people
I intend to

what's the secret?
everyday is
like day one
if you
ever find
it in
your heart
to forgive me
give me
a call
you always
were one
in a million

it's scary
and a
little exciting
to find
out it's
finally a
two-way street
it's never
too late
to get it right

the tiniest ripple
could alter things
enjoy it
but do
not tamper
with it

making a
wish at
the old
wishing well
holds whispered
promise

shadows lighten
on trees
and I
smile because
I'm caught
in a sunbeam

I don't
know how
long this
is going
to last
but I'm
going to
enjoy the ride

this is
the strangest
whimsy that
had ever
happened to me
white flowers
hang curved and full
second chances
are true and
genuine

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment