Thursday, May 24, 2018

~Ruby~


your dark
but warm love
a coffee stain
spiraling down
leaving a stain
on my
pale white arm
turning carameal brown
a moment
not forgotten
and I
can't help
but smile

your ruby lips
hanging on
a glass
of ice tea
today is
gonna be
that day
time
is all
we really need

you're an
irresistible
force as
sweet as
summer

I like
how the
water misbehaved
when it
started
raining
on us
hours disappear
now we
have a
cup of rain
a metaphor
in blue

keep my
heartbeat quiet
everyone needs
a hot chocolate friend
to lean on
when things
get tough

overcoming fear
is the quickest way
to confidence
so we
can start again

take it
from my
heart put
it in
your hand
let's get
out of here
I don't want
to share
you with
the riffraff

I won't give
up if
you won't
so prove it
make me
wrong

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment