Sunday, May 6, 2018

~Odds~

there is
more to
this then
just breathing

searching for
sweet surrender
going though
the motions
dips and curves
of crushed velvet

blue dark
against cracks
of light
trying to
be seen
mango white
fading to
willow blue
breathing in
the space
falling into
nothing there is
still a
sanctuary. a home
despite the
bad blood

if there
is still
a chance
please take
those odds

not looking
for sugar
anymore
I'm taking it

I can
still feel
your touch
right under
my skin
that's all
I have now
afterglow of
what has been

musings of
a warped mind
treating banter
with delusion

I  can't
forget the
steps I
take to
get to
what I'm

needing
the full,
round moon
in orbit cocoons
takes us
to different places

I'll be
patient
with you
I'll be
seeing you
and you'll
be seeing me
that's how
it will be

keep on
going on
chasing sun
what a feeling
what was
his to loose
stars, they
often fall

a breath
in every
heartbeat

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment