Friday, July 28, 2017

~Ese~

No great mind has existed without a touch of madness-Aristotle

I love this
record
But I can’t see
straight anymore

Lilac blossoms
In the
moonlight
That you
told me
You wanted
to get rid of
So you
gave it to me
You have

My whole body
came alive,
my body rocketfuel
You can make
better memories,
and reuse the frames
Let the rain wash
the sins
from this house
till there’s nothing
left standing
nothing left of yesterday

That's just
the way the sun
must shine
I suppose
The daisies
Are blooming again
White
Wild
Breaking from
The dirt
An eclipse
of the heart
Is coming on
A new way to go
A tied tongue
to match it
You slip
Out of my fingertips
Everytime
You run
Water
That never eases
The ache

I have forgotten
How sweet the air
Can be
Things
Better left unsaid
Thank god for that

I need
That touch
Of madness
My heart
Hurts
Yearning
Is too much
For me
Back home
to the high ground,

When the day
drifts away,
I feel alive
the colors tremble and lean into each other
Glowing embers
Burning hot
Burning slow

Washing it clean
sleep with angels
always
better things
will come
A page turning
solace in the fog
Trying to live
Without you
Is like one long
sleepless night
Teardrops
On the sand
Stain

But here we are
laying on
the same sand,
not the first house
I walked past today
if not for you
to help me see
Fate deals the cards,
but you gotta know
when to fold

I just want to see
you smile, my little Ese
But do
What you have to do
Whatever you face
I shall face
Every feeling

Every word


~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment