Thursday, August 3, 2017

~Creaks~

Tick tock
were on
the clock
Fake words
Fake apologies
It’s a little
too wrong
a little too late
This house
is too short
with regrets,
even the creaks
aren’t comforting
anymore

you can’t
change me
that’s not love
In the place
where the water
meets the sky,
makes me cry
when it’s quiet,
when the storm
is passed

take my hand,
to understand,
through the haste
and hurry,
nowhere to turn,
life’s standing
still my
souls confused,
I don’t know,
what road
I can choose,
but I’ll see you
again I’ll carry you

That's just the way
the sun must shine
A changed soul
With a
tied tongue
to match it
I have forgotten
Pure sweetness

Drama
Left unsaid
Thank them
for that
More than
just a touch
Of madness

You don’t know
Only the
shadow
Knows

I flew too
close to the sun
Now I’m
the flame

I’m a stranger
In this place
No more trying
For what
Isn’t there

Didn’t know that tears
Could make emotions blue
It’s broken
Stay away
I’m done
Dragging my heart
Around

Maybe there’s
A garden
You haven’t planted

yet

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment