Saturday, August 12, 2017

~Symmetry~



The rain flutters
on the window outside
gold filaments lines
and hugging curves
Bring me back
the hope we found
that day seems far, far away
To spin the world
The other way

Where do you go
still want to
feel you kiss me
You broke like water
and than you broke
like waves
I know your heart
needs to flutter
Breathe and open
Its these moments
that start
the fire
make the sparks
climb higher
Brought you
to your senses
within you
I’m done
with how it feels
spinning my wheels
dragging my heart around
I’m a little closer
my eyes are
the only things
I don’t want to
take off of you
So far from dreams
swimming sounds
There’s nothing
To let go

The corner
I sat on
when I walked home
in the rain
Makes me feel
Special
the star
I used to wish
on it seems
like yesterday

help me see
clearer something
stays familiar trees
That stand
the test of time
I don’t want you
to leave will
you hold my hand
No shelter, no ground
Remember the word
Lost in the sun
lost in the twilight
on the wave
of euphoria
My eyes
Like a telescope

Time slowly
kills suitcase
of memories
lost in the silence
Longing for a place
to stay wondering
around all my days

There’s something
different in the way
you smile,
behind those
eyes you hide
I sparkle
when you smile,
I admit that I made
Mistake but yours
might cost you everything
Like electricity
don’t you hear
me calling you home

Shoots up
to the stormy sky
and there is room
traffic is stuck
you’re not going
anywhere
you keep running  
like the sky is falling

All these walls
you keep building
where do you go
Turn around
the best of the years
can’t have gone by
These memories
are strong enough
to creep on
drive me wild
I remember
Hearts
Deep as
The ocean
that beat
Moments
Of disarray
A pocketful
of mumbles,
such are promises,
I was right,
but you were rude
to transform that
Light houses
aren’t there
to draw
attention to themselves,
they’re there
to shine
We all want
to see the
green fields
turn gold,
just freefall
Voice sound
like icicles,
crushed flowers,
hard candy
and sweaters
Left my secret
for safekeeping,
I’ll pick it up
someday
The match
got struck
once but
it got struck
Twice by you
My world’s
not broken,
my home’s
not gone,
Just misplaced
I’ll keep on
think of you
time to time
Spend your
whole life fighting,
hard to drop
Like the sandbag
float away
Unsaid
with no name
Must go down
midnight dreaming
Won’t look down
won’t open
my eyes
It’s hard to see
what can never
be seen

the sun
rolling by
in the sapphire sky
Cracks
start to appear
on the surface
of what I thought
was real
I like
Symmetry
comfy blankets
In the cold

I need a star
to follow
I could
really use a
Melody
I think it’s time
for you to find me

On paper
we go together
We play
the part
Another night
and here
we are again
all our faults
laid out
let it out
and let it
in again
I’ll keep
you warm
like a sweater
don’t look down
I’ll shelter you
from the storm

so many roads
you don’t know
where you’ve
been but I can
always call
you out if
the stars
fall apart
Only every
other memory
Were bound
to outrun
what tails us

Sit and watch it burn
Fall asleep inside the glow
If I could take you in
Deep within my skin
There are always choices
The trick is to make the right ones

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment