Wednesday, August 9, 2017

~Storyline~

I’m what
you wanted
not what you need

let’s meet in the middle
And the fork
In the road
Will go
somewhere

The light
gleams
in an instant,
then it
is dark once more
Veins
Of the leaves
Transparent
With sunlight

Daylight
Fading slowly
Losing will
To try

Told you
it was going
to wake you up,
when it's all over
All the paths
that lead to you
are winding
and all the
Street lights
are blinding
you always
said you saw
sweet hope
in my eyes,
my head
grew heavy
my eyes
grew dim,
If I’m wrong
im half right
Wearing me out
Wearing me down
Imposible
to figure out
But not easy
To forget

Been so
cold
The lines
on my face
Tell stories
You can’t
Earase

So this is it
I’ll say goodbye
To my
ever-changing life

One step
Closer
To good
It will be kind
It will be real

People won’t
smile and
then move on,
I feel like
I’m watching
it all
Through
a telescope

lost in the mists
One way ticket
in the rain
Don’t you
tell me to fall
if you won’t
be there to
catch me.

Oh, I’ll be there
to catch you
This is your
Storyline
we’ll go through
this crazy world together

I’ve been stumbling
around this world
looking for an anchor
to hold me
No one listens
When you want
to be heard

It’s not
Just an old shoe
It’s a horse
Of a completely
different color

Watch your step
The freezing cold
truth hurts,
but here it is,
gonna serve it up raw

Trying to hold
on it all fell apart,
trying to let go
right out
the window
We got a whole lot
of moonlight
Left

just getting started
~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment