Friday, August 4, 2017

~Descent~

Still warm
from the sun
In the wake
of your smile
Didn’t know where
I was really going

trying to keep
my life on the tracks
just barely on the edge

Blown away
barely breathing
twisted and spinning
Towards something
with no name

Angels running
out of time
Something real
but out
of touch

think of
the tender things
that we are
working on
rain keeps
falling down
Filling
My corners
Shadows tha
Remain from
Your descent

you be my honeysuckle
I’ll be your honeybee
I got you smiling
shing at me
soft and sweet
you speak
from the heart

At the end
of the day
I want a life
that’s good
Footsteps
Of dawn
echo
Down my
hall

Whisky whispers
Temptation in
my ear
The moon
comes up
from the dust
Silver
trembling

Breath
is a sea mist
Surrounding my
body only
when I sleep
I’ll give
Anything
to roll
the dice
one more time


~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment