Friday, July 21, 2017

~Aching~




A smile
With good
Intentions
Like an apple
Peaking out
From the tree

secrets
Within secrets
Curling up
Like ring
In a tree truck
Crossing lines
I don’t know
What else there is
To find

Being content
With loneliness
Is a lie

Sweet grass
Stumbles
Through the haze
Unexpected surprises
Misty meandering
Hand in hand
To hold
Onto
Take some
Of this weight
But don’t
Let me fall

Marbled eucalyptus
Stars fall
at my feet
Beneath the
sand and stone
I’ll make it
on my own

Red wine
Hearts beating
In time
Nothing ventured
Nothing gained
In the end,
The aching’s
All the same

Looking up
At the web
of sunlit leaves
You tease me
Ask if that’s
the only way
i get my sun
And laugh

you know
I get thirsty
for the outside
a caged bird
in this empty room

Lay your head on me
I'll love you
Until that sun dies
Our skin
Combined
Would be so
Translucent

The only way
To know
Is too fully
Let go
Burn bridges
To get perspective

Some days
I just need
a little sunshine
A little love
to find a way
I just need
the right person
To say
that everything’s ok

Help me
get through
This messy life
I made for myself
Reassemble
My heart
Back to
Believing

I’ve been
holding back
For fear
you changed
your mind

Counting stars
passing cars
The chaos,
the world
keeps spinning
It’s all

the same

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment