Friday, July 14, 2017

~Pennies~





You are
my handbag of choice,
I promise

That was
the moment
I knew I had
to let go
and trust
in the future

It’s all
Done and dusted
Now
it was aching,
Missing

you wanted
the rainbow
but you
got the rain
This life
is a ghost
of you
I’ll see you
before I fall
Asleep
Find answers
In the
Pouring rain
The only thing
riskier
is not taking
any risk at all
You’re clutching
at straws
Sky was
broken
I had to
wake up

my heart
is aching
For you
honey,
it was
aching
Being mysterious
suits you
words that
melt in
your hand
daisy chains
soft touches
Everything slow
I will map you out
And reveal your secrets
I just want to
Be alive
While I’m still here

Where did
the time go?
Oh one day
follows the next day
and it catches up
I don’t know
If it was rest
Or something else

Don’t want
to go to sleep
don’t want
to shut
my eyes
The way
it’s settled
softly on
your skin

As much
as we want to
there’s nothing
we can do
and that’s the hardest part
You’re
The fire
And the flood
I don’t know
My heart
Stumbles on things
I don’t know
Awake my soul

I look up from
my pillow
when i go
to sleep
I imagine you’re
there with me

Each tear
that flows
from my eyes
brings memories
of you

When morning
comes again
I have the loneliness
you left me

Each day
day drags
by until time
finally descends
on me
I found shelter
in your
undercover hideaway
There’s no
gravity to hold
me down for real
I can’t say
Anything
it's more than
my bits are worth
Yes, the world
can be a very small place
You know
the person who said
good thing’s come
to those who wait
is probably still waiting
Some trips
become stumbles
the trick is to stay
on your feet
You drink
with your eyes
before your mouth
Don’t want
to go to sleep
don’t want to shut my eyes

Pennies in a jar
What is
It being saved for?

Give me something
To believe
What I’m waiting for

Might already be done

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment