Tuesday, July 11, 2017

~Cherry Wine~



A simple act
of caring
creates an
endless ripple

We carry
Crystal teardrops
The river
Flowing nowhere
The flint
That sparks
The lighter

we close
our eyes
I thought
we turned
a corner
See the way
You hold me
When the lights
go low
I’ve forgotten
how wonderful it is
To breathe in time
with someone
You know
Heart don’t break
Around here
Would a cup of tea
unruffle those feathers?
Holding my
Breath
Or drowning
How can you
Really tell
You don’t have
To play
The part

Life isn’t
A beach yet
But there is
A tang of salt
Hanging in the air

You were
so smart then
In your jacket
and coat
My softest
red scarf
was warming
your throat
But the river
Still hasn’t
Lost it’s charm
We’ll drink
Cherry wine
Watching
It flow

The violet waves
Will deliver us
straight out of harm
Scary when
we feel this calm,
i think were
supposed to try
This is
What happens
When you’re busy
Making other plans
Dragging you down
Some things
Are better left
Until morning

Pull me up
My friend
Perish the
sacrament
Swallow but
nothing's forgiven

Which of us
was taken
for granted
Make amends
Too many times
we've let it come to this
Step inside
You gotta love
like there’s no such thing
as a broken heart
Can’t keep the ground from shaking

or the sunsets from fading
~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment