Saturday, March 18, 2017

~Love's Illusion~





I can’t help
Of being scared
Of it all
Sometimes

The House
had soft
welcoming
coral colors
in the shaded sunlight
plants sheltered her
coffee in a scalloped cup


Cup of coffee
Didn’t want to
Talk
Anything
Nestled
In a far-away
Memory

The smell
Lingers
On rustling
Cloths

so confident
they gathered in bright clusters
that glinted in the sun
Captivated
and afraid
of change

A smile
of sadness
Mixed with sympathy
Sand
in my eye
it's all
past now
Time
to be new again


Don't forget
your love
of palm trees
and fear of Snow


The clouds
all pink and violet,
heartbreaking
Beautiful
perfume
and cloying

people have
been used
Someday
the rains gonna
wash away
I believe it
New
Water
Crystal

Tulip
Lips open
Between
The wind
Soft
Curves
Of leaves rustle

a rose
turned
out to be
Thorns and all

The wicked wind
whispers at night
And the moon is low on its own
You have your demons
But I have some of my own

Don't spend
your time looking around
for something
that doesn’t  want
to be found

Forget
about your worries
and your strife
Slumber under the tree

Soul wondering
And winding
between the soil
and the branches
You can’t be good
all the time
you have to be good
when it’s time

Intertwined dreams
of the sun
Feverish
I smell the earth
Thirsty
Between
my roots

You leave
them laughing
when you go
Leave them wanting
more don’t give yourself away
Love’s illusion
I recall
I really don’t know
what love is at all
Something’s lost,
but something’s gained
Give and take
Give me a memory
I can use
It’s in your eyes
no one knows me like you do
I’m sure
my eyes speak for me
A tale as old as time
Yellow roses
musty books
Don’t wish it away
too fast

I can honestly say
Thing’s can
only get better
We’ll run to a place in our hearts
Where we can hide
Rolling like thunder
My face
in your hands
You’re right
about me
I need sweetness
Fairy tale love
seems to be
on your mind
Don’t look back

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment