Sunday, March 26, 2017

~Future~



Angels
And shoeboxes
Empty
And beckoning

Your heart
Is made up of
Sterner stuff
Then that

The minute
you struggle,
that's when
you fall

even
If you do the
Right thing
There’s no
guarantee
it will turn out
the right way

Nicer
than flowers
dipped in honey
Yellow roses
Have
honeyed tongues

Finding
the little things
that get you through
the day
I guess in the end
it’s about surviving
Any way
you can
just keep
those band aids ready​
Because I know
I’ll be falling
for you soon
Sit down,
sweet thing,
sit down

I need a sign
I need to know
Things are gonna
Lookup

I’m calling on angels
Living on a prayer
Looking
For reasons
In the air
Uninvited
But flattering

Life is
sweet
sourer
enjoyable
Stressful

Step through
the bitter
To get to the happy
It’s worth
A try
Shoot an apple
Off my head
Confusion
Never stops
Ticking clocks
Raindrops
Echo
Their footsteps

Nothing else
Compares
Am feeling sleepy
Take me home
I’d rather
Make my own
Figures
And dreams

Like a hug
with words
Sometimes
when you have
bold words
you just want
to say something new


Stars glow
Like dark glitter
In the in the somber calm
I’m afraid to change
But I know
I need to

I don’t want
to run away
But I don’t
understand

Your name
Resounds
The future
is unknown
But it calls
to me
Somewhere
Someone
came up
with the idea
of in permanence,
Beauty
inevitability
of change


Your passion
has to go
somewhere
that's the
only place left

You're suffering
has to be good
for something.

Were the words
Worth the price?
Your Favorite
Story,
Whatever
it might be,
what is written
for only one

reader


~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment