Thursday, October 18, 2018

~Sweet Potato~


I told
you about
sweet potato fries
and how
they have
them here
and your
eyes lit up
blue and wide
like a
little boy's

that made
me happy
you said
my thing
is Trader Joes
and your
thing is
sweet potato fries
it's the
little things
get us through

my favorite
things are
just made coffee
to smell
flowers before
I see then
when it rains
when the
picnic is ending
the smell
of dog paws
on dew grass

you never
told me
how beautiful
you are
well, may
gentle. unguarded eyes
long brown hair
ok, ok
you saw me
but I
didn't see
what you
look like

story of
my life,
everything at
a distance
I appreciate
if you
kept everything
in perspective

I'm here
if you
need a
cup of coffee
what? you
heard me

I'm trying
to say
I'll be there
never disregard
your environment
be present
with whatever
nature you
can find

captivated by
the fading light
if I
could
do one
simple thing
for you
it would be
to be there
when you
needed me to

I mean
it sweeter
then it sounds
like building blocks,
it's fun
to be
an enigma

painted moon
it's on
its way
lost
in this
beautiful fantasy

time stood
eerily still
a soul
with no footprint
stay with me
and I'll
feed you
pumpernickel bread
burnt rye
dark chocolate
crumbs paving
the way
no more
soft-spoken secrets
only truth

what I
want to
hear is
you
knocking on
my door
again

~Sarah Mahina Calvello



No comments:

Post a Comment