Saturday, October 6, 2018

~Rain~


you said more
pressure
but modulate,
baby, modulate

I can't stop
something I
didn't start
praying that
the light
isn't fading

rain, get
off my
window teasing
calling me
home

lanky, reedy
elfin creature
with a
brilliant mind
I did
it I
should own it
lashing out
isn't a strengh
it's a weakness

all that
quiet hoping
I suppose
now I
am free
just a
little late
in the day

trembling hands
of uncertainty
don't spend
your whole
life waiting

I like
meeting people
on the steps
different paths
crossing at
different times

there's something
about cold air
that brings life
back to you

we left
with ourselves
with no place
to go
holding onto
a shape
having to
let go
of the story

it's more
of a shadow now,
a echo
find a
moment
in the dream

I have
my moments
yes, you
do

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment