Saturday, October 13, 2018

~Break~


distant footsteps
on the ground
I can't
just sit
and pretend
I have
to see
what's behind
your eyes

not hiding
intentions anymore
some days
take less
than more
out of me

I wish
it were raining
another name
another time
to self-correct again

I like
who I am
I like
to be
boring and centered
as much as I
can be

this is
a thought
I hope
you see

suppressing emotions
of devotion
finger intertwined
wind and
sky peacock-blue
and shimmering

the angels
need you here
sometimes to
find myself
I have to
get far away
from the
world
I have known

I  have
to leave
to come
home again
without a
compass but
with a
safe heart

but still,
the heart
always finds
a new way
to break
just a
little more

I still
am seeking
someone
to share
starlight with

a place
where people
come alive
full moon
over the sea
a place where
we can
go arm in arm

there is
something in
the middle
that intrigues me

balance, rhythm
unique constellation
of attributes
that disappears
and reappears again
under the
shadowed curtain
of night

you know, sometimes
you're done
with feelings
but they're
not done
with you

there is
a chill
in the air

but it's clear
and clear
an evening
to play
Lumineers and
Mumford and Sons
in pajamas
a hot drink
steams me up
in a hug

I saw
a dead moth
on the sink
and almost
cried
I'm a mess

there;s a
lot of
sunsets
I still
haven't seen
seems like
I'm wasting time
wishing it
would all
go down
stuck in
the low lights

the perfect
color refracted
blue, rainbow,
green violet
iridescent pieces
to hold close

~Sarah Mahina Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment