Sunday, October 21, 2018

~Sweet Dreams~



the sun
melts away
in my window

hicory wind
is smooth
I can
see the stars
from here
after the
golden glow fades

chaos of
the days
a lie
on the
side of angels

it's complex
but reality
usually is
all day
it feels
like I've
been stuck
in the mud
wheels in reverse
full of
what if's

I don't
want misunderstandings
things that
are left unsaid
but then again
I can't
stop living

wear this
purple is
the color
of mystery
and sexual repression
but let's go
with mystery

forget the
reasons the
shift in
the seasons
a tape
that can't rewind

took so long
to find
a semblance
what I'm looking for
but I'm still
one step behind
back into
the light
maybe there's
another way

sweet dreams
will find
me again
layered upon
my eyes
don't you
try to
take me
down


~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment