Wednesday, October 3, 2018

~Middle~


in the
middle you
feel it's
never gonna
end like
a big yard
big enough
to get
lost in

wild blends
into one
watercolor color
until the
grass
is the only
thing that
moves

don't look
at me
with that
tone
of voice

we are
free daylights
shaking the trees
no more
clouds to
put away

lay your
troubles on
the ground
you don't
have to
worry about
them now

I'm no
good at
giving up
the ink
is still
drying where
I wrote
your name

dreaming of
escape colors are
fading but
I grasp
them in
my fingers
colored spiderwebs
invisible but not

the signals
broke I'm focused
on your
name soon
I'll move
forward

I feel light
even though
things come
to weigh
me down after all,
it's just gravity
and the
streetlamp is
glowing lighting
the shadows
revealing the
path that
I should
follow

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment