Monday, June 26, 2017

~Violets~



Waking up
From a deep sleep
Like breakin through
The surface
Of a lake
Bubbles tickling
In their airy dance
Around me


It was easy
So easy
To unmask
The illusion


Some people
Create their own storms
And get mad
At the rain


Getting used to
Breaking and mending
A weaving dance
With no meaning
And no heart


I've been
On the edge
Of dreaming
In the heavy heat
You can cut
With a knife


It won’t slow you down
If you start
Listening
Stop,
don’t ever
promise
if you can’t deliver,
Because that
is my pet hate
The way I see it
is tough times call for two things,
a positive attitude
and someone to talk to

My guess
is that it’s pretty
much the same,
the important things
don’t change
Life's for living,
take the reins,
but no one said
it was easy
Were all
shrinking violets
at first
But a plan is only
a thing that makes
us feel we're in control
Is there a chance
you’ll change
your mind?
Or are we all
ashes in white
it’s warm
real
Bright
The world
has shifted
Now that
I’ve seen you
Sometimes good
intentions
don’t turn out so well
Just cause
I’m not
living the same
hand dealt to you
doesn’t make
me any less
than you

I know you
We have
Same eyes

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment