Wednesday, June 21, 2017

~Stars, version 2~




~Stars~

"When he tried change for the first time, he said come quick, I've    tasted the stars. Ya, I think were gonna need more of this. Coming up,   we've bottled all the stars for you."~The Fault in Our Stars

 that’s the thing about pain
 it demands to be felt
 Finally feeling
 the moment
 Opening eyes
 see the rise and fall
 of all the days

 so taste the stars
 with me
 feel the velvety brightness
 honey-thick
 on your tongue
 close your eyes
 and try not not to care
 for as long as you can

 if you want the rainbow
 you have to deal with the rain
 the good and bad times
 
the spread out sun on a pavement
and a cup of tea
is all I need this time
the stars
are our ugly and beautiful
memories
I’m seeing
Stars

by Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment