Monday, June 5, 2017

~Dazzle~


precocious thoughts
as I walk past
lines of yellow roses
lavender
silent
and intimidating
maturing
faster
then it should

now and then
I can see
the truth
beyond the lies
the page
trying to
erase

never mind the questions
there’s no answer for
just the one
horse
she couldn’t break
outsmarted
common sense

you smelled
the wrong roses
I’m a little drunk
on you
high
on summer time

think of me
as un uncharted map
the world is too big

but it’s
always in your heart
keep it with you always
world getting smaller
I know the feeling
you need a new plan
I need a new map
don’t say
I didn’t warn you
I got
under your skin
first

the sky
will not fall
It was full
of anguish
but now
the skies are clear
I don't know how to thank you

red sweatshirt
like
a setting sun
give me a coin
no matter
what side it lands on
it’s someone else’s dime
cursed missed opportunities
ticking clocks
it’s all a sweet whirlwind
of moments

knowing the truth
but still believing the lie
nothing else
compares
what happened?
you Lost
your Dazzle
fool's gold
dirt through
your fingers
run

needle
and the damage done
a rusty hope
In every one
unshaven

and wild

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment