Wednesday, May 17, 2017

~Tolls~





the infinity
of lines
the sun
reeveals
opelecent
true
rainbows
on the black table


vanilla Italian soda
in the sun
there was
no wind,
only a soft
tremble


trees
a wooden fence
more
black tables
the first sip
exploded
soft and sweet
slowly blooming
and a flash
of sunset
vanilla
citrus smooth
stuck in the middle,
and you’re playing
the spindle


please understand,
I’m not
what I was
but now
I want to
get back
to me


dream
it’s a beautiful
and burning thing
that vanishes
in the haze


the adrenaline
rush stops
no more honey
and milk
be on my side, I’ll be on your side
take my hand
There’s nowhere to hide
this much madness
is too much sorrow
we have to get away
dark roses
blue violets
curl and unfurl
their edges
in the dark
corners
of shadows


hold onto the
glow of possibilities
where do dark roses
go during the day
I don’t
know what to say
how did you get
so far away


but now
I want to go back to
honeyed arms
of my yellow roses
hear your voice
and the memories
toll
thanks for
checking up on me
It takes
an ocean

of trust

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment