Friday, May 26, 2017

~Crushed Violets~




don’t
disturb the sounds
of silence
the crushed violets
leave a smearing
stain

praying
for something
unamed
just to pray
just to be good

siilloettes
soft rain
overcome you
but don’t go chasing
what isn’t there

I always say
I’m leaving
then I stay while
you’re sleeping

like a push and pull, baby
watching to see
who will
move first

I wonder
what will happen
to us in the
long run

my words echoed
like raindrops
and they fell into
the well of silence
let your dream
be a stubborn dream
got to keep ticking on
the penny is struggling
to keep its shine
it’s a whole lot harder
to shine this time
sometimes good intentions
don’t come out so well

but up and downs,
dusty shelves
of memories
when I think
I lost my way
the dusty shelves
of memories
I’ll follow the sun
warm breeze
I’m on the edge
perfume floating
airy strawberries
white flowers fall
like bells

Mirror on the wall
ready to fall
heart becomes
a hunter
don’t wound your
chance to love
pictures of the smile
I remember
this can’t be true
I spent the time
in the arms of a stranger
I knew too well

you’re mainly
a mystery
with traces
of something
the pillow fell
I slept
in the twilight
with only one
care

the hours
for once passed
like a sweet breeze
and you caused
me to yield

don’t tell me
of love everlasting
and other sad dreams
we're just passionate strangers
who rescue each other

dark eyes
melting each other’s soul
to the place it longed to be
~Sarah Mahina Calvello~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment