Saturday, May 13, 2017

~Seabirds~



bricks
made from years
of tears
echo’s
that slide
off
the shadows
corners

needles
made of
gold
that cut
the cold

I can’t
forget the
way you
looked at me

my favorite part
was the painted
sea birds
weaving
in and out
of the white cloth
pale sun
glinting
through it

this is what
it must be like
to feel
comfort

oceans re conforming
to pave the way
when the moon
brings
the silver
back down
through the calm
black branches

the end
Is always
the beginning
time devours
memories

when all
is said and done
count the
cost

I’m getting nowhere
but I’m trying

no matter
how much
your heart is
aching
there is beauty
in the breaking

get ready
to matter

when you jump
I hope you don’t feel
the fall

I guess
my feet know
where i want
to go
falling
with the
wind

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment