Saturday, May 6, 2017

~Memories~






time​ ​is
​​simply​ ​
how​ ​you
​​live​ ​your ​life
the sun
tades
In the whipping
wind
how did
It happen?
it all
went by so fast

the coming
summer
is in shade
blooming
purple flowers
hang
and fall
in a purple rain
In a curling shelter

under the
weight of heavy
eyes
I squint up
tt the lavender
cold

let the memories
crash
and burn
the past
should be the past
pushed back
and out of the way
you shouldn’t
want it back

when​ ​I​ ​turned​ ​my​ ​head
I missed you
order​ ​my​ ​steps​ ​
so that they
fall
in the right places

I​ ​miss​ ​comfort
​​and​ ​the​ ​weight
​​traveling
the bend
in the road
​we​ ​can​ ​always​
start​ ​new,​
​we can’t
​just be
fated​ ​to​ ​pretend
the answer
Is in the silence
you can’t
keep
the sunsets
from fading

there’s really
no such thing
as a broken heart
Just echos
Of angels
That won’t
return


~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment