Monday, May 22, 2017

~Far Away~



my heart
on the tracks
wide open
exposed
shivering

only high
because
I’m feeling
low

dreams
come slow
but go too fast

I want to
run away
but I don’t know
where I’m
funning from
feeling
untouchable
fractured

dear
how our words
spill carelessly
without warning
falling into
the forget-me-nots

dark
blue and open
bend my heart
back to you

there is no shadow
when there
is no sun
days
within days

you give yourself away
nothing to gain
nothing to take away

we can
plant these
seeds carefully
if we hold them in steady hands,
dig holes with intention.
mend
through calculation.
reckoning

healing with sedulously poised letters
balanced on cracked lips.
so far away
this is my life
round
and round
here's something

nothing
Is black and white
love looks differently
in every place
It shows up

electric
that’s the word
for it
I like to be
undefinable

if something is easy,
that doesn't mean it's wrong.
It’s all
a foundation

wounds are
ways to reveal us
wreck me down
if it makes you feel right
what coffee
would taste
best if it was
as black as moonless night?
romance
in a cup of coffee
in a thoughtful
careless touch

red daisies
on the table
be my saving grace
in this messy place

were here
but still

so far away

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment