Friday, May 19, 2017

~Mapped~



When people can just walk away from you, let them walk.."
- TD Jakes


needles
pierce
and stain
dragging across
the surface
slopes
of a
compas
delicate sharp
on yellowed paper

match
the torn pieces
to align
the stars
red rose
fire sunset
wears
and tears
now that
I know what
I am without
you can’t
just leave me
call my name
be my
saving grace
in this
messy place
only you know
the mapped patterns
of my heart

cold blue
rain
staying right
in front of me
the same
old place
I never want to leave
you make me feel
like my dreams
could come true
we share
a place
under
the same sun
I loved you
like a fire
it’s turning
blue
don’t walk
away
discern
the thoughts
intentions
of the heart
I love you
but you
disrupt
my
life
how did you
get so far away?

I found the stars
but who
are you?

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment