Saturday, April 8, 2017

~Curtains~



The lilacs hang
Heavy
and suspended
Ripe purple honey
It’s not
Like a recollection
Or even
A memory
It’s a
Wanting
A aching

a little bit
Stuck
in the middle,
life is
a game
love is
a riddle,
I just need
to relax
and enjoy
the show.

I’m so scared
but I don’t show it.
Roses, ashes, and wine
I feel
As suspended
As the lilacs
Sick and tired
Of this
Mad
Desire
fluttering

Is there a chance
you might
change your mind?
Or are we
all ashes in white
Same old empty
feeling in my heart,
too fast that fades
like a heartbeat

But there
are some
nice highways
By protecting
my heart truly
I got lost in the sound
I have to break
my own fall
somehow
Subconscious
Is just
a hidden memory
You don’t owe
me anything
You paid me
in memories

Somewhere far down
You follow
me home still
the instinct
is to create
meaning
when there is none
we lie
Reality
and fantasy
aren't
mutually exclusive,
they don't
Exist
in the same space
It’s just one
of those days
Too many frills
and not enough
flowers

When the world
stops burning
that's when
the world stopped turning
Is it wrong to cross this line?
Sunset
the water
Is glass
it's religious

Something real
But just
Out of touch
Falling
In gravity

I do desire
We become
Better strangers
Don’t put
Up your
Curtains

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment