Friday, April 21, 2017

~Door~



the moon
tucked into
the ground
suspended
honey
slowly dripping
away
Into
purple clovers

just remember
you can  see the stars
and still not see
the light

heaven knows
it wasn’t you
who set me free
we were
just dancing
between
the embers

we live
our life with chained lies
not realizing
we have
the key
easy come easy go
don’t look
at what
you can’t see
Look at what
you can

invisible
for the last time
fingertips touch
in the dark

watching you
watching me
could this break me
fire and wine
kisses
use me
again

rain
It’s been steady
like a fallen angel
feeling the hunger
of the sky
again
and again
If you
give me
your armor
you can have my heart

Take it from me
darling,
you don't
want a heart
sometimes
stay a
tin man
for now

sounds
are bright
and the
colors are loud
the sunset
in your eyes
I don’t want
to rise

If it
doesn't open,

it's not your door

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment