Sunday, April 16, 2017

~Missed~


you have escaped
the cage
your wings
are stretched out
now fly


I just saw
an Egyptian angel
but she
was tethered


I got lost
blue coral
eyes
I drowned
I faltered
breath
of heartbeat
skipped


been here
Too few years
to be gone
touch me
again


staring
something
you can't touch

sooner
or later
it’s over
but I don’t
want to
miss
who you are


I just
want you
to know
who I am

the stars
are singing
if you listen carefully
all
that glitters
isn’t gold

go for
the moon
Now and then
there’s a light
in the darkness


pay
more attention
to silence
it vibrates
among the
echo’s


I look behind
and after
find that all is right

in my
deepest sorrows
there is
a flicker
of light

You take it too far
You think a princess
Is treated bad


come up
with more
things I said
shoot an apple
off my head


confusion
never stops
cursed opportunities
ticking clocks


you're the angel
I was supposed to see
to walk


have a good Friday
he walked away
chuckling low

I could
never figure
out why
Good Friday
was good
If it marks death


makes me wonder
what a bad Friday
would look like
You looked at me
with your
upturned mouth
and soft eyes


it’s because
you are
you hugged me
in the wind
and thanked me


you only need
the light
when it’s burning
low


just because
I haven’t lived
through the same
hand that’s been
dealt to you
doesn’t make
it any less


sometimes
good intentions
don’t come
across so well
I wish
the fruit
could be
always summer
and ripe


blackberry
and spinach
memories
comfort
shadows


always
a pace
are two
steps
ahead
we are
orphans of
the storm


the white trumpets
of flowers climb


thanks for
          making me
smile 
ever swiftly moving
trying to escape
this desire

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment