Wednesday, July 29, 2015

~New Coffee Cup~

                                               



he picked up my coffee mug and set it right side up
among the raspberries
and yogurt
I bought for lunch
in my wheat colored grocery bag


“hey good lookin”
he blushed and laughed
and looked away quickly
like a Italian schoolboy
smooth lines
on gaunt lilly face


my new coffee cup
the small slopes
of cups meant for espresso
with the thick half heart
white ceramic handle


a woman
with curling black hair
and a blue
widebrimmed hat
her face is calm
and her lips are pursed
in a open berry pose
like she’s got a delicious secret
the Eiffel tower
is behind her
a coffee cup is floating by
steam curling lazily
to her


she seems like
she doesn’t know where she’s going
she’s just following the lines
of what’s done


sometimes I think I’m drowning
in the things I feel
I hope you dreams stay big
and your worries stay small


I hope you never look back, but never forget
I miss you
the hardest thing I had to do
was stand up straight and love you


on the busy sunlit street
it seems like today
people are so distracted
by something that didn’t happen yet

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment