Wednesday, July 22, 2015

~The Raccoon~


whirring
purrs
and clicks
rise and fall
like an incandescent wave

outside our window
at night
hidden
by the scattered fan of leaves
of the knotted ash
branches of the tree I grew up with

I look out the window
just in time
to see your salt and pepper
woven feather
tail
fading fast
down the naked red bark
 into more sighing shadows

it calmed me
solid light
like you
is the only thing this darkness
has for me

roof to rooftop
emotions like light
jumping
and the raccoon
I’ve never seen by my window before

no more masks
this is what I feel inside
this is me with no pride
in the warm chocolate
night

is this how it's going to be?
feeling exposed and torn apart
always going on meaningless
where there’s supposed to be meaning

no more masks
to hide behind
corners
turning around corners
turning lies into truth
proves a harder task

the layers of the onion
continue to peel
and you will cross my mind again
out of all the thing’s I’ve held
the best if you

tomorrow
will be better
another long day
in the shadows




~Sarah Mahina Calvello~






No comments:

Post a Comment