Monday, July 13, 2015

~Next Candle~



it was warm
and crowded
the first real summer day
in a long time

a day
where you  
could feel the sun
in the lazy air
like a webby mist
around you

the flowers
fans of green
and jagged brown
secret velvet
and bouncing sunlight

colorful
and quiet
arcs of white hot
clouds rest awhile

I finally got to
sit at the mosaic table
blue
diamonds
fading into black
then start over again
like lonely painted waves
finding the shore

the iced  mocha
tastes like strong chocolate
velvet and feathery
on my tongue
like a forgotten memory
you have to smile about

a cream ceramic plate
lays beside it
the best biscotti I ever had
chocolate and nutty
and soft spice

I have to remember
that it’s my park
I have my whole life to walk trough it
even if I want so much
to run trough it

I’m not good
with open wounds
you always wanted me
to  be what I’m not
docile and beautiful

I’ve finally accepted it
nothing will change
a lot of fun times
at the park down there

but it’s not the meaning
of life
it’s the feeling of life

it’s a strange
and wonderful
dream
you can’t help but stop and watch
winding away
to the next candle

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment