Tuesday, November 6, 2018

~Counts~

I talk
to bacon
because bacon
can keep
a secret

covers feel
like a cheese
lasagna comfprt
at night
when everything
is quiet
and dark

the best
and worst
things happen
in shadow

I am me
banged up
imperfect but
I won't
live in shame

there is
no shadow
you can't
light up
for me
a smile
among the din
background noise
and lies

I don't
want to
be a
ghost to
you, I
want
to be
the real
thing, fade
in when I
take a breath

illuminate it
some call
it magic
some call it
fate, either
way you
define it
it ends
up in
the same place

you're a
sneaky one
but I
prefer romantic
but I
prefer romantic
better get
going, you're
going to
be late

I'm going
to let you
in on
a little
secret. people
can show
you whatever
they want
but it's how
they make
you feel
that counts

Cheetos are sadness
that's the
problem with
a great
love, pretty
good doesn't
cut it

don't clap
for me
I'm not
dancing

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment