Tuesday, November 6, 2018

~Sleeping~

"Without you, I was
broken, but I'd rather
be broke with you
by my side."-Jack Johnson

sweet escape
always has
a familiar taste

it was
another sweet
dream, sometimes
I wish
I could go
on sleeping

my rose-colored
glasses fell
off, my fingers
try to
keep their touch

then the
breeze goes
I'm treading water

being picky
is just
knowing you
deserve something
great

I am
getting off
the wrong track
and getting
on the
right track

all by
myself, I'm
here again
I didn't
preheat the
oven on purpose
listen to
the sound
of my
heartbeat

even though
the lies
are
strong
it's just
a sinking
ship if
it's pretend

a breath
is just a
whisper against
the moon

I am
stepping
outside
of the
moonlight to
get into
the right place

all I
can hear
now is
the words
I can't say

out of
place, silver
lining of
dawn, only
silence stays

Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment