Saturday, November 24, 2018

~Sati~


you smiled
your slanted grin
and gave
me the
Egyptian nickname
of Sati,
pointing at
the bow
and arrow
with
mischief in
your blue
eyes

I didn't
understand, I
didn't want
to stand
for war

but now
I know
you knew
I would
be strong
even when
I didn't
think I'd
be, you
wanted
me to
be protected

it's a
thought you
hoped I'd see
my life
is all
about little
victories scarecrows
dressed in
the latest styles
frozen smiles
velvet bodies of
beautiful chaos

patiently
waiting
but time
is moving
slow, surrounded
noise blends

images are
playing like
reflections in
my mind
I think it's
going to
rain now
I can sleep
try to
build a
better life

fall away
fall away
now you
can stay

I love
the sound
of rain
the broken
glass music
the only
sstring
out of
tune

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment