Friday, November 9, 2018

~Spirited Discourse~


spend some
damn time
with m
you can't
live with
just practicality

spirited discourse
can lead
to real
solutions, or
I'm kidding
just a
bunch of
lunatics screaming
at each other

way too
happy on
a wreaking
ball we
all fall
or a end
but
its how
you get
up that
shows who
you are

a kaleidoscope
of pitfalls
and satin sighs
try to
change my
tune

my spicy
little eadmame
this is the
the moment
an beginning
or ending
but both
are are
a beautiful unfolding

even the
birds outside
want to
get it
started, it's
a spectacular
dawn even
though
I'm not
a morning person
clear and dark
that all
the city's
lights twinkle
foggy fireflies
the sun's
orange fingers
reach out
to grasp

I ask
you to
forgive
me for
letting uncertainty
get the
better
of me

when all
I really wanted
to do
with you
was run
with you
through a
puddle again

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment