Friday, January 5, 2018

~Eeyore~

rise like
smoke and fall
as your shadow
passes mine
time
preserved,
liquid
trapped in amber

waiting to
be free
from concern
even if
the stars collide
the tables
have turned

so beautiful,
so broken
even every lie
turns into
a memory

looking back
it was
too black and white
use my head
with my heart
every waking
moment a
epiphany


i won't
give up
so stay
the hell
out of
my way

don't worry, Eeyore,
we'll find
your tail
it's not
much of
a tail
but I'm attached
to it

when you
compromise and fail
it really hurts
spring was
never waiting
for us

between the
pages never
knowing
what could
have been
I would
have loved
your smile

but still
I won't be drowned
in the abyss
my eyes
are wide
open and
I'm ready to
listen

we've come a
long way
just on
different
paths

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment