Friday, January 5, 2018

~Between Dreams~

the giant
soft seat
of the universe
that contains
everything
were going
down
count me in

I jumped
high enough
I touched
the clouds
I howled
at the
moon with you

afraid of
the dense undercover
safe and warm
fascinating to me
disappearing somewhere
in the middle

confusing chaos
the space
between dreams
this little glow
this little flicker

the stars
look differently
the butterfly effect
I gasp for air
your choices
make you
turn it
upside down 
just try
not to
fly too close
to the sun

it still
gets made
what's on
the other side
of the door
is everything

trying to
grasp at
anything
such a
confusing distraction

abstract
buut I don't
need to be
helped really
balancing on
tectonic plates

I don't know
what else I can say
about that
I think I''m tapped

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment