Monday, September 3, 2018

~Road~


Comfort can
become the
enemy of progress

hunting echos
of old songs
bounce along
the empty walk
and crumbling flowers

bad times
get the whisky
sweet like
candy in
my veins
tick tock
goes the Gouda clock

you make
my heart
beat like
falling rain
if I
call you
a idiot
count yourself
lucky

I can't
live my life
like I'm
designing
a building
you just
have to live it

through the
good and
the bad times
I don't
want to loose
this moment

the only
reason we
grow old
is the
we stop playing

I like
the highway
I close my eyes
and I'm at the beach

if I'm
not chocolate or coffee
it's hard
to know
what I'm here for
I can't
just jump
to the end
the journey
is the
best part
I heard

in the
passionate wind
show me
the piece
of my
heart
I've been
missing
the road
always leads
backwards

~Sarah Mahina Calvelllo

No comments:

Post a Comment