Monday, September 3, 2018

~Starlight~

it feels
like I'm drunk
on starlight
something in directed
and unexpected

salt hands
lay open
and waiting has begun
for the hungry deer
in the
velvet night
this has begun

I think
we fell
in love with
the trees
as much
as anything

gardens look
only like
gardens can
so that
I can look
back
on who I was
going back
in time
to reveal

I will
trust you
without borders
keep my
eyes about
the ocean
I could be
lonely
with you

tragic, but
also pure
I will
find a way
even without wings

here, capture
this moment
I think
you need
Salvador Dali
to capture
this moment
but ok

spin me
around with
the roar
of the clouds
selling virtue
and all
the things
I'll be missing
I just don't know

sometimes our
best decisions
are the
ones that
make no
sense at all

Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment