Saturday, September 29, 2018

~Change~


sometimes chaos
is what's
called for

you are
my heartbeat
in the hallway
feeling like
tomorrow never
comes
I always
knew that
someday they
would weaponize tackiness
all your
subliminal comments
are fake
like the
plastic neon
signs that
crowd the streets

hearts get
torn over
time
burning f;ames in
my bones
I came
in hot
like a housewife
ready to
throw down
running out
of words
to say

you just
drink milk
and watch CNN
when you
black out
I steal
your carrot cake

a lot
of things
don't make sense
nickels are
bigger then dimes
but they
have more
to value

Tick Tock
the angel
on my
shoulder is
getting
harder to
hang onto

haunting me
tonight sweet
velvet touch

could you
try to relax?
you tell me
I'm making
the coffee nervous

light waiting
for  me
to decide
but the
clock is
just getting louder
I can't
escape history
but I
can change

~Sarah Mahina

No comments:

Post a Comment