Sunday, September 3, 2017

~Unpredictable~

we have
here and now
It’s a dream
And were
Asleep
Don’t lose it
Don’t leave it

Look at
all the stones
they keep on
the throwing  
by design
I refined
my recovery

Day after day,  
alone
on a hill
the man
with the
foolish grin
is standing
perfectly still
Day after day
time pass away
Day after day.
A love
turns grey
You have
Such soft skin
Like the elefante
Only softer

Night after night
We pretend
it's alright
but I have
grown older
and you
have grown
colder and nothing
is very much
fun anymore
And I can feel
one of my turns
coming on

I feel cold
as a razor blade
tight as a
tourniquet
See the clouds
adrift so far below
Ever changing
as they come
and go
Makes me
wonder why
I'm up so high
When really
I am down low
You're so
damn pretty baby
if I had a type
then it would be you
I count
The cost
It’s worth
What’s lost
To see you smile

When asked
if he believed
in the hereafter,
the wise owl said:
"All the time.
Whenever I walk
into a room,
I ask myself
'What am I here after?'"
`
I think we fell
in love with
those trees
as much
as anything

with the garden
looking like
only gardens can,
a place
where secrets
had accumulated
and held in
risky suspension,
as if some people
were going to
come back
and reveal them

Do you feel it?
The crossroads
of history
chasing that
desire
You are not
a drop in
the ocean
You are
the entire
ocean
in a drop
Love me
Like Rumi would

I find the
wooziness
of the guitar
so romantic
And every
star in the sky
is taking
aim at
your eyes
Rise up
Like glitter
And gold
I can feel
The night
Beginning

My father
used to say
fair is where
you end up
To defeat
the darkness
to the darkness
you must come
To the shadows
A problem shared
is a problem halved

Keep her
company
go look at
the clouds
there some
Fascinating
shapes today
It’s all about
Sacrifice
I'm simply
following
the template
I am not
running away
from my
problems
is more of a
strategic distraction
You used to
distracted me
with your
resonating lines

Waves can
change waves
and beauty like you
Tides rise
and fall
with the breath
you have to be
strong like water
If you do
decide to go
make sure  
it's for the
right reason

Leave and come
under a blue sky
not a cloudy one
Predictable in
her own unpredictability
The moon is
such a Crimson color
With a sparkling edge
In a cold starburst
Of black highway

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment