Friday, September 15, 2017

~Light~


There are
moments
in life
when everything
slows down
where good things
can happen
in the space
of a single breath

when your heart
reaches out
across the expanse
of space and time
Sighs and signs
Signs
hearts beating
in time with yours
The chance to fail
to do something
different

you’ll get your wings
one of these days
I knew I’ve seen
the landscape
of my heart
The chance
To do something
Real

the wicked wind
whispers and moans
Hope
doesn't keep
a airplane
in the sky

secrets and desires
I have a few of my own
I can feel it
but it’s nowhere
in sight
One of these nights
Somewhere between
Between dark
And light

all I'm saying
is if you don't
hold on to
what makes
you you

Then you can
lose yourself
and you may
not find it again
maybe I'm turning
over a new leaf

The thing is
when you have
a memory you want
to  erase
The worst part
about remembering
those moments
is that you can't tell
between what
really happened
and what it felt like

Oh, you look
So beautiful
Tonight
In this sea

Of blinding light

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment