Sunday, January 24, 2016

~Motions~



the hidden moon
peeking out from
the iris
blue green pearls
and moving clouds


I glanced
throught velvet
tree branches
I felt the storm coming
and felt excited


upside down,
it’s a trembling
and drunken sky


stars come out
in a cold sky
I’m finally free
you just roll
over me
again
and you pull me
back in
at the edge


what have we become?
it seems like
were going the motions

it seems like
you could care less
when I lean in
you pull away
am I enough?

we don’t have much
to say anymore
I want to feel
the fire
in our heart again
it’s hard to keep
that spark
I just want to feel
the moment again


all I want
is to be back
in your arms
laying back
looking up
at the stars
tangled and lazy


creaking
cricket
blackberry thickets
only the trees
will know
what we do

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment