Thursday, May 22, 2014

~Cherries~





Cherries  
                                by Sarah Calvello


                        sucking on cherry pits until there's no taste left

                        I want to tell you what you mean to me

                        I've been meaning too

                        I've been too busy

                        and now it's too late 

                        my life is a coloring book

                       you've missed so many birds
                        I'm too young to grow up
                        cover me with thoughts of you
                         hold me close

                         and I'll hold you true

                         occasionally the fruit is bitter

                         an angel's fallen from the sky

                        cherry pits fall like echo's of glass

                        in the bowel
                                
                          a shuddering

                           saffron sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment