Wednesday, May 14, 2014

~Bright street~


Bright Street~
by Sarah Calvello
we drove past
the castle house
everyday
the windows bared
with white lined icing 
the dark gray torrents
winding around each other
in a hug
gray and luminous
like a shadow
it comes out of the grassy hill
a white fence lines 
the whole house
trying to outlast
the scared brick
someday I will get a house like that
someday
I'll find my own torrent
you just grin
say I cant even afford the toliet paper
the papery corners of your lined Italian mouth going up
like a cat yawning 
sly breathing

I tell you someday
every time I pass that house on Bright street
the one with the curvy gray torrents
I think of you

at the corner it say's the end
it is marked
you've finally come to the end
of your fantastical Bright street

No comments:

Post a Comment